The Summit Taxpayers Association invites you to join us for our 1st Annual Night of Action to raise awareness about the critical issue of Union County taxes facing our city.
- WHO: Summit residents and their families
- WHAT: Attend the Union County Freeholders regular meeting to calmly and respectfully ask our elected Freeholders to keep Summit property tax increases at or below the 2% New Jersey State cap. Each meeting reserves time for public comment on any issue a member of the public feels may be of concern to residents of the county.
- WHEN: Thursday February 23, 2017 7:00pm
- WHERE: Union County Freeholders Meeting Room, Administration Building, 10 Elizabethtown Plaza, 6th Floor, Elizabeth New Jersey
- WHY: Summit taxpayers were assessed $38.5MM by Union County in 2016, and have been assessed more than $295MM over the last eleven years, a 64% increase! Our Union County Assessment crowds out critical expenditures in our schools and city, now taking 30% of our budget. We need to control our Union County taxes in order to be able to fund our schools and city services.
- HOW: Email us at email@example.com to RSVP. IF YOU WOULD LIKE TO CARPOOL, MEET IN SUMMIT CITY HALL PARKING LOT AT 6:00PM SHARP!
I've attended meetings in the past and found our Freeholders to be amenable to respectful comments. Keeping our property taxes in check is a critical issue for all residents. For more information visit www.summittaxpayers.org or read our November letter to the editor.
Together we can accomplish great things. Please join us in exercising our civic duty, let Summit's voices be heard!
Mike Wattick, Summit Taxpayers Association